The General Accounting Clerk is responsible for coordinating and supporting accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and other accounting functions. The qualified candidate must be willing to support the initiatives of the Accounting Team and other duties as assigned.
Position Responsibilities and Job Functions:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
· Responsibilities include journal entries, reconciling accounts, inputting data, and the month end process.
· Process accounts receivable and payable in timely manner.
· Assist with preparation for monthly statements and assisting controller as needed.
· Complete various weekly, periodic and annual reports as requested by Supervisor
· Assist with month end, quarter end, and year end closing.
· Assist with Invoicing and Billing using QuickBooks system.
· Review and investigate issues that affect both accounts payable and costs.
· Back-up for research and validate proper customer invoicing
· Back up for travel expense statement reconciliation.
· Perform miscellaneous duties (prepare spreadsheets, account verification) as requested by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In addition, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and possess excellent computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, & familiarity with QuickBooks. Must be able to multi-task, must be self-motivated, dedicated, reliable, focused and a detail oriented team player with a positive attitude whose able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must have excellent Organizational Skills and possess good analytical skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge required.
Education and/or experience:
An Associate Degree in Accounting or related area is preferred and two to three years related experience. The qualified individual must have a successful track record in handling accounts payables, accounts receivables, vendor relations, problem solving, and reconciling accounts. In addition, working with financial statements is a plus. The qualified individual must be able to successfully accomplish tasks under time constraints accurately and efficiently.
Ability to read and interpret financial statements, excel spreadsheet and GL entries. Must have the ability to generate routine reports and correspondence. Must have the ability to speak effectively and convey information to other associates.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The General Accounting Clerk on occasions must be flexible as to shift and scheduling during closings, month end, etc. The general workweek is Monday thru Friday, however the position requires minimal overtime.