Security professionals develop and deliver solutions that protect enterprise systems, applications and data by establishing policies, practices and tools that prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or disruption. The Information Security team works to standardize the management of Information Security processes and technology across all of InterWorks organizations and implementation and reporting of centralized technology security tools and control. As an Information Security Intern, your daily responsibilities will vary by project, but you can expect to:
- Contribute to a global network of talented IT consultants across the business, enabling high-performance by creating and delivering InterWorks business applications and technology infrastructure.
- Collaborate and innovate to connect our people with the technology they need to build market relevant skills and be impactful to the business.
- Assist in development and testing of new business processes, capabilities, and, as appropriate, their supporting technologies.
- Continually experience new and engaging opportunities, challenges, professional development and flexibility.
What we are looking for:
- Monitoring Cyber security anomalies, vulnerabilities, investigate, and escalate Cyber Security events, incidents and problems
- Periodically checks for company policy violation / Support the investigation on policy violation
- Assisting in the implementation and evaluation of enterprise-wide security standards, procedures, information systems, and guidelines
- Guide users on the usage and administration of security tools that control and monitor information security
- Identify challenges/barriers and make recommendations
- Compiles information from various sources; updates spreadsheets and correspondence
- Communicates effectively and professionally to seniors, managers, or partners
- Fundamental understanding of object-oriented programming preferred but not required
- Experience with ANSI SQL preferred but not required
- Understanding of data, networking, and computer hardware
- Reviewing, updating, or generating new work instructions to document repeatable tasks
- Analyzing risk of existing network and system architectures and their security policies, documenting risks and proposing risk treatment plans
- Performs operational and administrative functions as assigned
Additional things we are looking for:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in (applicable major)
- Utilizes applicable education, training and experience to complete assignments
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and commitment to job responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- "Think on your feet" and reactive decisively in an unstructured environment.
- Learn and understand new products and technology quickly.
- Achieve objectives working with others across teams and organizations
This is a paid internship, however, students may pursue academic credit depending on their department.
InterWorks is a business-to-business I.T. consulting firm based out of Stillwater, Oklahoma with staff in Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego, Washington D.C., New York and in Europe. We opened our doors in 1996 to focus on I.T. networking with an emphasis on customer service. Still focusing on the needs of the customer, we now serve clients by offering network architecture, software development, web strategy and business intelligence services on a national and global scale.