Data Engineer - USA
- Chicago, Washington DC, Dallas, Portland, Stillwater, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, OK
- Full Time
- Business Intelligence - USA - Data
- Mid Level
Do you want a job that throws a different challenge at you every day? Have you got an unquenchable passion for data and problem solving? Are you aching to jump into a fast-paced work environment that will keep you on your toes? We’ve got one you might like.
At InterWorks, we like our work with a hefty side of play. Our team of high achievers is looking for an eager learner who doesn’t shy away from hard work. We need someone whose overall data and programming savvy outweighs niche experience with a certain database platform. Whether you’ve worked primarily in SQL Server, Postgres or something else, all we really care about is that you have a strong understanding of building data pipelines and are ready to hit the ground running. It also wouldn’t hurt for you to be wicked smart and make one heck of a coworker, but we’re pretty sure you’ve got that covered already. Otherwise, you wouldn’t still be reading.
What You’ll Do
- Tackle diverse projects that range in duration from a few days to a few months for clients ranging from local businesses to the Fortune 500
- Work with disparate data sources (relational databases, flat files, Excel, HDFS/Big Data systems, high-performance analytical databases, etc.) to unify client data
- Collaborate closely with users to understand their unique needs and support them with the best solutions
- Solve data-acquisition, integration and management problems
- Create ETL processes based on client needs while managing client expectations
What You’ll Need
- Excellent SQL fluency
- Programming (Python, Java, C#, PHP, etc.)
- Strong ETL proficiency using GUI-based tools or code-based patterns
- Understanding of data-modeling principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Business acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in changing situations
- Passion for delivering compelling solutions that exceed client expectations
What We’d Like You to Have
- Experience with software engineering practices
- Experience with modern data-engineering practices and frameworks
- Experience with integration from API sources
- Matillion, Fivetran, Airflow, DBT or other ETL tools
- AWS / Microsoft Azure
- Snowflake / Amazon Redshift / Google BigQuery / Azure Synapse
InterWorks is a people-focused tech consultancy that empowers clients with customized, collaborative solutions, and we love pursuing innovation alongside people who inspire us. Our approach to work and community is unique and unconventional—just like us—and that’s the way we want it. The only thing missing is you.
We are currently monitoring the COVID-19 situation globally and our team is working remotely. Please don't talk yourself out of applying if you don't meet all requirements. At InterWorks, we value unique contributions, our people are the glue that holds our business together. We’re always looking for the right people, and we could be your perfect fit. InterWorks requires all US employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19.